Answers to the Questions
Blow, Wind, Blow!
- No, it is curved to the left
- The wind's path is straight, but the Earth rotates beneath the wind.
- It just seems to change.
- They would still curve to the left but would be blowing from the opposite pole.
Global Wind Patterns
- Trade winds
- Prevailing westerlies
Clouds in a Bottle
- No. The gas inside a very cold can is not under much pressure
because there is little heat. Since there is not much change in
pressure when the can is opened, the gas does not condense.
- In the morning
- At night, the ground surface cools by radiating heat to space. Air
near the ground cools to the dew point temperature, causing water in
the air to condense.
Updated: January 22, 2003